To Pile Burn, Or Not To Pile Burn..

That is the question.

Fire season has kicked off in the Greater Sydney region on the 1st of October, and will end 31st of March. Unfortunately we have been called to a number of pile burns and bonfires in recent weeks that have not had the required paperwork.  As a result, we must extinguish the fires and the resident must acquire the appropriate permits.

During fire season, residents of the Hornsby/Ku-Ring-Gai district must have two permits, a current Council permit, and a fire safety permit from NSW Rural Fire Service. This NSW RFS permit can be obtained from the Hornsby/Ku-Ring-Gai Fire Control Centre on 9883 2000.

Please visit the Hornsby Council website for further information on fire permits.

The approval process and pile requirements can be viewed here.